The Latin American Center for Molecular Genetic Diagnosis –CELAGEM offers fertility preservation techniques that provide the possibility to delay maternity to all those women who want it.
• Patients with the risk of ovarian function loss: female patients with cancer to be treated with chemotherapy or radiotherapy, with autoimmune diseases which need chemotherapy or a bone marrow transplant, or risk of repeated ovarian surgery, such as endometriosis.
• Patients with no medical prescription or by social causes: Female patients who decide to delay their maternity for different reasons or because their economic or labor circumstances demand it from themselves.
Vitrification of oocytes:
Vitrification of oocytes allows that mature ovum, collected after ovarian stimulation, are cryopreserved to used them when the female patient makes the decision, but with the same prognosis they had when vitrificated. Due to the absence of formation of ice crystals, the oocyte survival rates are high, allowing delay maternity with reasonable assurance.
Ovarian cortex cryopreservation:
The ovarian cortex cryopreservation is another fertility preservation technique, by which various births worldwide have already achieved. This technique allows to restore the ovarian function, with what even spontaneous pregnancies might be obtained and, moreover, by having normal hormone levels, side effects (osteoporosis, hot flashes, cardiovascular disease risk) of an early menopause could be prevented.
• Female cancer patients to be treated with chemotherapy or radiotherapy or any other diagnosis that recommends such therapies.
• Method of choice in girls before puberty although it could also be realized in adult women, which might be compatible with vitrification of oocytes in case there is available time to perform both techniques.
• Female cancer patients requiring an immediate chemotherapy treatment, with no possibility of waiting for the ovarian stimulation process, or in cases in which such stimulation is contraindicated.
If you need any further information, please make your appointment with us and we will be glad to guide you in the process.